Frequently Asked Questions
How can therapy help me?
Therapists can provide unbiased support, perspective, and have years of training and testing for licensure to provide coping strategies for issues such as depression, anxiety, relationship troubles, unresolved childhood issues, grief, stress management, and more.
The benefits you obtain from therapy depend on how open you are to the process, how willing you are to be consistent with the techniques presented.
How do I know if you are a good fit?
At Renewed Vision we practice from an approach that considers individuals as ever evolving beings that are whole and are not broken. We utilize a variety of interventions based on the individual seeking services. We have experience in Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR).
What should I expect at my first session?
At your first therapy session, we get to know you. We’ll discuss the reasons you came to therapy and what we can do to help. We will get an overview of who you are so we can better understand your current concerns. Then, we’ll discuss what treatment will be like for you and decide plans for ongoing treatment together. This is also a time where you can determine if you feel comfortable with us. If you don’t feel we’re a good fit, we can help you find someone who might be a better match.
How often will we meet?
This will largely depend on what service you are receiving. Some services can be done in one session. For example, certain evaluations.
Other services may be longer, based on the severity of the challenge that has brought you to our counseling practice.
What is teletherapy?
Teletherapy is any remote therapy that uses technology to help the therapist and client communicate. Some examples of teletherapy include:
- doing therapy sessions over the phone
- using videoconferencing for individual, couples, or group therapy
- receiving therapy via email
You may have heard the words: telehealth, telemedicine, online counseling or online therapy used to describe web-based counseling sessions that utilize video conferencing platforms to conduct the actual therapy session.
We use HIPPA compliant platforms to bring you the best services. This allows you to access services from the comfort of your home, work, etc. without the hassle of commuting or coming into an office.
Don’t worry, telehealth is just as effective as in person therapy so there is no compromise to the services that you will receive.
Is teletherapy for everyone?
Teletherapy is not for everyone. Some drawbacks include:
- Protecting Health Information: The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requires healthcare providers, including therapists, to protect patient or client privacy. Unsecure chat and other programs may expose sensitive data, so clients should work only with therapists who encrypt data.
- Therapy environment: For people with little privacy at home, finding the time and space for therapy can be difficult. Treatment in the office may offer a low stress alternative to treatment at home.
- Technical difficulties: Slow internet connections, glitches in video software, and communication delays can make online therapy feel more stressful and less personal. For people who lack technological proficiency or do not trust digital platforms, telehealth may not be a good option.
- Communication: Communicating across certain platforms can make it more difficult to read body language and other subtle cues. Email and phone therapy eliminate these forms of communication all together.
Does my insurance cover this?
Renewed Vision Behavioral Health Services is an out-of-network provider. Most insurance companies do cover mental health services for out-of-network providers for a percentage of fees.
We are able to provide you with a superbill for filing claims.
**Please contact your insurance company to verify your out of network coverage.**
How much does this cost?
Individual Therapy – Initial assessment $150; 50 min session $135
Hardship Evaluations – $800
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Evaluations – $300
Conflict Resolution/Mediation – $500 per party
Please give 24-hour notice for appointment cancellation or to reschedule without penalty. No shows will be responsible for the full cost of session.
Emergency Policy: In cases of emergency, please go to the nearest emergency room or call 911
All services are offered via Telehealth
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION